Comfortable and characterful
Looking for some special 4-star accommodation in the heart of Mid Wales? Maesmawr Farmhouse B&B offers comfortable rooms in a house that is full of period character, yet with comtemporary highlights. Originally a Welsh longhouse dating back to 1526, the imposing Georgian front was added in 1820, and the rear courtyard is enclosed by Tudor and Victorian outbuildings. The 4 star B&B accommodation has been newly refurbished and all the guest rooms are spacious and comfortable, with en suite, TV/DVD and wifi. They are decorated to a high standard with original artworks and offer wonderful views of the Severn Valley and surrounding hills.
The house is the centrepiece of the Mid Wales Arts Centre, which includes a unique contemporary art gallery and sculpture park on site.
Conveniently located in the heart of Mid Wales
Maesmawr Farmhouse B&B is very conveniently situated close to the River Severn right in the centre of Mid Wales, and offers the perfect base from which to explore this beautiful area. It is just off the A470 between the villages of Caersws and Llandinam, with the larger Powys towns of Newtown and Llanidloesunder 15 mins drive away.
The village of Caersws is only a short walk away, with its amenities such as train station on the Cambrian Coast line (Aberystwtyh-Shrewsbury-Birmingham), Local & National bus route stops, convenience shop, 2 pubs, fish and chip shop, tennis courts and pay as you play golf club.
A wonderful place to stay, for guests of all types:
Casual visitor: Whether single, a couple or a family, we have a room to suit you and a warm welcome. Maesmawr Farmhouse B&B has both Green and Warm Welcome accreditation
- Walker: Walkers are welcome and we are an ideal overnight stop for the Severn Way walk. Luggage forwarding service available.
Walkers Welcome accreditation
- Cyclist: We have mountain bikes available for hire, secure storage for bikes, and we are on the National Cycle Route 83. Cyclists Welcome accreditation
- Artist, writer or musician: A self contained apartment is available for artists, writers or musicians who wish to make use of the stimulating visual environment for their work. Painting weeks are available throughout the year. The owner is an experienced art teacher and materials and equipment are available. Or simply book a room and be inspired by the surroundings!
- Sportsman or sportswoman: The owner holds fishing rights for the River Severn which contains trout, salmon and grayling. Tennis courts and a pay-as-you-play golf club are close by.
- Pet owner: We are pet friendly, and have kennels and stables available.
- In a wheelchair: We have one bedroom available that is wheelchair accessible
Gardens and grounds
The property extends to 18 acres and guests are encouraged to enjoy walking around it and using it as inspirational source material. The well-established private gardens are full of spectacular plants as well as our own home grown fruit and vegetables.
Fresh local food
All food is home grown or locally sourced, and is of the highest quality. We pride ourselves on our healthy
home cooking and preserves. Vegetarians and special diets are catered for. We serve a full Welsh breakfast from 8am to 10am, or a healthy continental if you would prefer
Children very welcome, family room available